A school for differently abled children.
Autism is always a challenging condition for children and their families.
Sunshine school was started out of a longing to create a quality centre for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder mainly and other developmental disabilities.
To cater differently abled children in such centers SUNSHINE EDUCATION SOCIETY was formed in 2010.
|Mr. HIRAK DAS- Chairman of sunshine education trust. Mr. DAS is chairman and founder of Sagarika group of companies and has been active in social and non- profit causes for last 20 years.|
|Ms. SAGARIKA BAM- The treasurer of sunshine education society, president, Sagarika music Pvt. Ltd. A young and energetic entrepreneur, and is involved in various children welfare organization.|
|Ms. PARAMITA MAZUMDER- Parent of an Autistic child. She is a qualified special educator and is the present principal of the school.|
Sunshine school is a centre for autistic spectrum disorder that caters to the need of individuals who lie in the spectrum. Therefore services range from diagnosis & early intervention to pre- vocational training.
Sunshine team consist of 6 special educator, 3 occupational therapist, 1 speech therapist, 1 art & craft teacher, 1 sports instructor with 5 assistant teachers, 1 Psychologist, Parent counselor who works in collaboration for the development of the child.
* Provides assessment intervention training & therapist to person with autism spectrum disorder.
* To provide early intervention for children between 1.5 yrs to 5 yrs diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder.
* To provide effective, structured and conducive environment for learning.
* To offer an intensive & well researched curriculum based on Applied behavioral analysis (ABA), Verbal behavioral analysis (VBA), TEACH complemented with other suitable communication techniques like PECS & Makaton sign language.
* To support, guide & prepare parents for effective management of children's with ASD.
* To prepare a child for mainstream education.
* To provide Structured one on one therapy programs that meets the unique need of the child.
* To provide speech and communication.
* To provide behavioral training programs.
* To provide individualised tranning programe to teach the child perform activity of daily living ( ADL ) indipendantly.
* To focus in integrating the child back to the community.
* Pre- vocational training programs.
* Re-creational activities
* To prepare the child with pre NIOS currculum
|EARLY INTERVENTION||2 yrs – 8yrs||1PM – 3:45PM|
|HALF DAY BATCH||8yrs – 12yrs||9AM – 01:00PM|
|FULL DAY BATCH||8yrs – 13yrs||9AM – 3:30PM|
Our School also runs a Remedial centre, Providing Special Education, Speech & Communication Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Behavioural Therapy for Children with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disease) and also Parent counseling.